What we're looking for?
A Full-Service E-Commerce Software and Development Company with a particular emphasis on Custom eCommerce and Marketing offers a unique opportunity in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, high energy environment, is looking for a UX/UI Designer. This is a remote position. All levels welcome!
The UX/ UI Designer should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. UX/UI Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. If you have a portfolio of your design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product owners and engineers
- Communicating and illustrating design ideas using UX such as user journey maps, story boards, personas, process flows and sitemaps
- Creating design systems or UI pattern libraries using design principles
- Developing wireframes, UI design mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality along with visual look-and-feel
- Creating original graphic designs
- Preparing and presenting design iterations to internal teams and key stakeholders
- The UX/UI Designer will identify and troubleshoot UX problems with a good knowledge of design heuristics (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Ability to communicate and work closely with cross functional teams and provide best practice recommendations
What You’ll Need
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role.
- Applied knowledge of the user centered design process to leverage findings in order to create innovative solutions.
- The UX/UI Designer should have a Portfolio of design projects that demonstrate both strategic, technical UX knowledge, processes and methodologies and creativity demonstrated through compelling UI pattern libraries and/or visual design mockups.
- Demonstrated ability to create high fidelity wireframes that communicate flows and various use cases.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Wireframe.cc and InVision).
- The UX/UI Designer should have up-to-date knowledge of design software such as: Sketch, Adobe CC specifically Adobe XD, Illustrator and Photoshop and InVision.
- Ability to create click-thru prototypes using the aforementioned design tools and software.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fun, yet fast paced environment and be willing to go beyond the traditional UX/UI role to understand all facets of cross functional teams and the business.
- Follows industry trends and latest practices as it pertains to UX and UI visual trends.
- Knows their way around analytics and how that impacts design and business decisions.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with front end developers; has a basic knowledge of CSS/SCSS.
- Minimum 1-3 years working with mobile product and design systems design.
- Knowledge about when to use existing patterns and when to design new ones.
- Skills in prototyping, wireframing, storyboards, crafting user flows, & interaction design, as well as a solid understanding of UX design best practices.
- A variety of communication skills, from storyboarding, to prototyping, and/or coding skills to articulate how the design components you create can work to other designers, engineers and product partners.
- Being familiar with the native IOS & Android mobile interface design guidelines, as established by Apple and Google (respectively).
- Experience in standard design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
What Does Optimum7 Offer You:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical benefits and future growth opportunities within the company (Profit Sharing Plan). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. In other words, you can really make a difference here.